714 W Olympic. Suite 903, Los Angeles, CA 90015
I’m a freelance graphic designer and web designer working from a commercial office in downtown Los Angeles.
I’ve been a professional graphic designer for 18 years and professional web designer for 13 years of those years. I’m proficient in:
- Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Customized WordPress Sites
- Interactive Digital Magazine Publishing for iPad
Please visit my website to view my portfolio: http://www.graphicsofdistinction.com
My design experience, communication skills, and pleasant demeanor will be a great asset to your company.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
- Designed projects, web sites, including logos, identities, annual reports, both informational and e-commerce.
- Collaborated with programmers, coders, writers, editors, designers, photographers and other professionals.
- Structured full web sites, templates, and developed guidelines and schemas from small company sites to corporate sites.
- Set up and administrated hosting and email accounts.
- Gained experience with Database, CGIs, and Java Integration.
- Integrated dynamic media in page design: Flash, Quicktime, Streaming Media. Photography
- Shot real estate exteriors and interiors.
- Shot close up photography specializing in jewelry photography.
- Collaborated with other photographers.
Designed projects in print, including logos, identities, collateral, newsletters, annual reports, newspaper, magazine ads, brochures, posters, trade show booths, real estate sales centers
- Collaborated with writers, artists, photographers and other professionals.
- Produced quality typography with high standards on type face selection, kerning, leading and readability. Production Management
- Handled all phases of production, including electronic preparation of files, proofing bluelines, color keys and press matches, and conducting press checks.
- Gained extensive knowledge of four-color printing process and printing technologies.
- Gained strong knowledge of graphic compression for web, audio and multimedia formats.
Boise State University
• Bachelor of Fine Arts (1986) GPA 3.3
Major Emphasis – Painting, Drawing
Minor – Metals Boise State University
• Bachelor of Science / Poli. Sci. (1989) GPA 3.3
Major Emphasis – Public Administration
Minor – Economics
Owner, Graphics of Distinction, Seattle/New Orleans, Los Angeles (May 1999 – Present)
- Design, layout and produce and web sites, packaging, collateral, print advertising.
- Clients include: educational institutions, museums, manufacturing, real estate, and retail sectors.
Art Director, Eric Allen Advertising, Seattle WA (July 1994 – May 1999)
- Designed and produce brochures, catalogs, packaging, collateral, and display advertising.
- Reason for leaving: Started my own business. Designer/Graphic Production, Boise Weekly, Boise, ID (October 1993 – May 1994)
- Designed and produce display advertising for an alternative weekly publication.
- Reason for leaving: Moved to Seattle. Graphic Design Artist, Student Programs Board, BSU, Boise, ID (August 1991 – Sept. 1993)
- Designed posters, table tents, advertisements, and supervised three graphic arts interns.
- Reason for leaving: The position was intended to last a maximum of two years.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE (skills)
- Customized WordPress Websites
- Design Software (2D, 3D and vector graphics)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Contribute Multimedia and Digital Video Software
- Macromedia Flash
- Sound Studio
- Microsoft PowerPoint Desktop Publishing, Web Editing and Word Processing Software
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word